Today’s topic is personal productivity and my guest is David Allen, author of Getting Things Done.
Getting Things Done – often referred to as GTD – is a time management method, described in a book of the same title. It helps you capture all the stuff floating around in your brain, process it into your next actions and projects and then just get them done. The method has significantly improved productivity of probably millions of people.
I read the book roughly 10 years ago and have since applied it pretty much every day. It has helped me to get stuff done and to feel less stressed about stuff.
In this episode, we walk through some of David’s history and talk about how he came up with the ideas and models behind Getting Things Done method. We also cover the basics of the method itself and give some tips on how to get better at it.
If you’re interested in learning more about the Getting Things Done method, I strongly urge you to find the book and read it.
- Academy of philosophy: https://filosofianakatemia.fi/en
Links for the episode:
- Getting Things Done -method’s website
- David’s intro on gettingthingsdone.com
- David on Twitter
- Getting Things Done -book on Amazon
- GTD in 15 minutes -guide
Links for the podcast:
- Mailing list: http://eepurl.com/P0dpf
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bosslevelpodcast
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/bosslevelpod
- iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/fi/podcast/boss-level/id1041885043
- Website: https://www.bosslevelpodcast.com
- Sami Honkonen on Twitter: http://twitter.com/SamiHonkonen
- Sami’s website: http://www.samihonkonen.com
- Sami’s blog: http://blog.samihonkonen.com